1. Submit a completed and itemized Reimbursement Form (one per child) with receipts, including dates of service, monthly.
2. The reimbursement form must be signed and dated by the OARDC employee indicated on the application form.
3. The OARDC Fiscal Office in Wooster must receive the reimbursement form and receipts by 5:00 p.m. on the 5th of the month to receive reimbursement for the prior month. If the 5th falls on a state approved holiday or a weekend, forms are due on the next business day.
4. Incorrect, incomplete and/or late reimbursement forms must be submitted by the 5th day of the following month along with an "after the fact" reimbursement form for consideration. Payments will NOT BE ISSUED for submissions more than 30 days old. The "after the fact" form is due by 5:00 p.m. on the 5th of the month.
For example: A reimbursement form dated February 2014 will be accepted until March 5, 2014. After March 5, 2014, the reimbursement will be rejected.
5. Two "After the Fact" Approval Forms may be submitted for review each fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Participants exceeding this number may have program eligibility reviewed by the OARDC Director’s Office.
6. To receive reimbursement, the participant MUST be working or attending class, AND the child must be in the care of a licensed provider. Reimbursements are not given for state approved holidays*, vacation time, sick time or family medical leave. *An Exception Approval for Working a University Holiday may be submitted by employees mandated to work on a University Holiday. Supervisor approval is required.
PLEASE MAKE SURE FORMS ARE COMPLETE PRIOR TO SUBMISSION! A SAMPLE FORM IS FOUND ON PAGE 2 OF THE REIMBURSEMENT FORM. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE FISCAL OFFICE.
The Director’s Office allocates funds on an annual basis to assist all eligible employees and students. Monthly reimbursements will not exceed 40% of requested charges. Based the prevailing childcare rates of $25.00/day in Wooster area, the daily reimbursement will not exceed $10.00 per day per child.
The subsidy is considered to be a dependent care assistance program by the Internal Revenue Service and will be reported on the employee's W-2 form. Please speak with a tax advisor or visit www.irs.gov for current IRS rules governing tax free dependent care assistance.
Reimbursement is made on a monthly basis and included in the employee’s paycheck. This subsidy is monitored by the fiscal office, for availability of funds. Please contact the Fiscal Office for additional information.
OSU DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
OSU Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) provide employees an option to pay for dependent care expenses, on a tax-free basis, through pre-tax payroll deductions. Refer online to http://hr.osu.edu/benefits, to obtain information about eligible plan expenses and plan details. Funds reimbursed through the OARDC Childcare Program cannot be claimed through the OSU FSA. To do so is a violation of University policy and can result in disciplinary action up to, and including, termination.